Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Too Hot to Function

I barely slept at all last night.  Looked at my clock at 3:30am and was exhausted, but still couldn't sleep... it's THAT hot.
Went to school as usual, but got smart and decided to take a nap in the air-conditioned library instead of the oven I call home.  It was the best two hours of sleep I've gotten in a while.  After everyone got out of class at 4:30, we headed home on the bus to quickly change into our swimsuits and head to the pool.  The Bennigan's we went to before had a pool (a surprisingly rare commodity here), so we decided today would be the perfect day to try it out.  After getting there at 6pm, we learned that the pool area closes at 7pm.  We were disappointed, but an hour of relief was better than nothing.  In fact, it was amazing.  I was almost chilly when I got out of the pool and cherished all 2 minutes of that haha.  Came home and grabbed some crepes from our favorite spot, Mammy's, before getting ready to go out.  I know, I know, who goes out on a Tuesday night?  Not only is our time here winding down, but it's too hot to sleep, so why not?  Around 10pm, about 6 of us girls went to a little taverna down the road to hang out before we went out as a huge group.  Afterwords, we went to two different bars/clubs.  It was fun, but pretty laid back because it is a weeknight, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment