Monday, July 9, 2012

Melting, Literally

Today, the temperature reached a high of 107.8 degrees, with a heat index of 120 degrees.  And I don't have AC.  This is supposed to last all week, and in fact, get worse.  The only word I can think of to appropriately describe how I feel during all of this is melting.  At night, I just lay in bed sticking to my sheets, too hot to sleep.
Besides the absolutely unbearable heat, today was fairly routine.  Went to school.  Took a nap (or at least attempted to).  But mostly, I just laid around feeling miserable, as did everyone else. For dinner, 5 of us went to our favorite little place a few blocks down, hoping to escape the heat a little bit.  We had Greek salad, grilled feta, souvlaki (Greek meatballs), and grilled chicken and rice.  It was delicious!  Came back and wallowed in our misery for the rest of the night.  This is such a boring post, but it's literally impossible to do much else.

No comments:

Post a Comment