Monday, July 16, 2012

Let the "Lasts" Begin

Today starts the last week of classes!  I'm still in shock at how fast my time here has flown by.  It was also the hottest day of the week, at least I hope so, reaching over 104 degrees this afternoon.
Was ready to go about 10am this morning, and Jade and I headed down the street to the post office.  She wanted to get some fragile things wrapped, and I sent off some postcards.  Look for them in a mailbox near you!  Hopefully they make it there before I do!  Came home and blogged for a bit before it was time to go to school.
Class was pretty routine.  We asked if he could change the day of our final to Wednesday or Thursday instead of Friday since most other classes had done that, and so that we could have more time to travel one last weekend if we wanted.  All fingers crossed he says yes!  We always have a break about halfway through class, but today's was especially long- about 40 minutes.  During this time, I walked over to the main building and got an iced chocolate and some toast, my usual.  Although I don't have much choice considering toast is the only food they serve besides ice cream.  After class, we had to stay and take an exit survey to provide feedback for the program.  It was fairly lengthy, but I was totally open and honest with my answers so they would know what they did right and what areas could use some improvement.
Attempted to stay in the library and get some work done on my paper in the AC, but the computers are a little dated and were moving insanely slow so I decided to come home.  Getting started is always the hardest part for me, so it took me a while to get going.  I really need to crank it out tomorrow, because we're all starting to get antsy and trying to fit in a bunch of fun stuff last minute before everyone leaves and I don't want to miss out.  But I finished my book last night so I really don't have an excuse to not do it any more, so I should be able to finish it today.
Tomorrow we'll review for our upcoming final, and I'll have to start packing up some things before they do a room inspection on Wednesday.  Things are starting to wrap up around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment