Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I Love the Mall

Today may have been the hottest day of the week so far, although they mostly blur together between all of the sweat and heat exhaustion.  It was a pretty typical day:  yogurt for breakfast, cab to school, trying to stay awake through class, awesome nap in the library after.  Right after nap time, we hopped in a cab and headed to the mall!
Jade didn't come with us the first time, so it was all new to her.  By the way, there are two Jades that I hang out with, maybe that will clear up some confusion haha.  The first time I went, we only explored the top floor;  we didn't want to look at everything and get bored since we knew there would be other unbearably hot afternoons we'd want to spend there.  The bottom floor was much different from the top.  There were less clothing stores and instead were sit down restaurants, a pet store, the movie theater, electronic stores, and a book store.  We started in the pet store since we're both obsessed with our little ones- her kitty, Mister, and my sweet puppy, Trina.  I wanted to buy her this cute little pink argyle sweater, but it was too expensive.  I was disappointed that we weren't allowed to play with the bunnies and puppies and kitties, though.  Went to the bookstore next and picked up a book for the flight back- Safe Haven by Nicolas Sparks, of course.  It was so exciting to finally find a place with books written in English!  My favorite stop was in the Swarovski store.  I felt like a little kid in a candy store, dying and drooling over all of the gorgeous, sparkly jewelry and accessories and everything else they could think to bedazzle.  I had to try not to squeal with joy the whole time.  It was pretty much what my dreams are made of.  After exploring for about an hour or so, we went to TGIFriday's for a small snack before dinner.  I ordered a chicken bites something appetizer, but it ended up being a ton of food.  It was yummy though!  Before we left, I went back to a store a bought a cute maxi dress I had seen earlier and couldn't stop thinking about.  Still proud of my self-containment while shopping!
Came home and relaxed a bit before getting ready for dinner.  Almost our entire study abroad group went out together this time, since it was one of the girls' last night here (she had to leave early to go on a mission trip to Nigeria).  We went downtown to a place called Bit Bazaar, a place our business professor and some other students in our class suggested earlier in the day.  They said it was a place where a lot of students and young people gathered.  It was tucked in the center of a bunch of buildings, blocking what little wind there was and making it miserably hot.
Dinner was family style, and of course the Greek people ordered entirely too much food, nothing out of the ordinary.  We started off with a bread basket, a Greek salad, grilled feta, and tatziki, and had chicken souvlaki skewers, pork in red sauce, and Greet meatballs as a main course.  Despite it being a ridiculous amount to eat, it was delicious.  While a few people went out after dinner, I was feeling drained from the heat and just wanted to go home to sleep before heading back to school tomorrow.


Sad I'm missing out on Free Slurpee Day at 7/11!  Can't wait to enjoy one of those when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment