Monday, July 2, 2012

Just Another Manic Monday

Another weekend has passed, Monday is here, and it's time for another four days of school.  I was extremely exhausted from the weekend, so I hit snooze on my alarm for about 45 minutes this morning.  Finally got up just before 10am to get ready for school.  Erin and I grabbed some breakfast before hopping in a taxi to campus.  I got a spinach and herb pastry;  yes I did just say spinach... unbelievable, right?  Even more unbelievable, I liked it!  Went to class as usual, but today even our professor noticed how tired everyone was from our trip.  He said he would relax today's lecture a little bit because of it, but I didn't notice anything different.  Between me being tired and the class being hard, it's sometimes very difficult to decipher what he's saying through his thick accent.  We had to stay after class for an informational meeting about a trip in a few weeks, so we ate on campus and had turkey and cheese subs and iced chocolate.  The guys from the company taking us on the trip showed up around 3pm and made the meeting and sign up short and sweet.

Once I got home, I updated my blog some and did a little bit of homework before some girls and I adventured out to the MALL!  In the area that we live in, the shopping is not that great.  Plus it's local businesses so they're closed every day for quiet hours from 3-5pm, and on Mondays and Wednesdays most of them don't open back up.  We stopped in H&M and Zara (these are stores we have in the US, but nowhere close to home so I've never been to either of them) and some other Greek stores I've never heard of.  I only bought a total of 4 things!  Which I am very impressed with myself for that accomplishment, by the way.  After exploring for a little bit, we ate some pizza in the food court.  Some other places looked good and smelled even better, but it's always hard to order when nothing's in English and we feel rude just pointing all the time.  While trying to find the exit in a mall with a confusing layout, we spotted an awesome outside area.  It had fancy restaurants, theater style seating to hang out, and a place with a pool (something you almost never see)!  We could also see a carnival and a church, but I'm not sure if those were part of the mall or just close enough to be seen.
After shopping, it was time to crack down and really prepare for our presentation in class tomorrow.  Even though the presentations are short and aren't a big deal at all, I'd hate to get in front of people and look like I don't know what I'm talking about.  After we finished, the girls and I rewarded ourselves with some ice cream :)  now I'm back in my room catching up on blogs and finishing preparing for my presentation, such an exciting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment