Wednesday, July 4, 2012

God Bless America

Happy Independence Day, y'all!  This day especially I wish I could be at home to celebrate.  Don't worry, our entire group is being "obnoxious Americans" and running around in red, white, and blue all day long :)


Even though it was wonderfully cool and I actually had to use the top sheet, I wasn't able to sleep very well last night, so this morning I slept in as long as possible.  Ate some more yogurt for breakfast before getting ready and heading out to school.  I wore a red shirt with white polka dots, my navy blue shorts with a bow, and my white sandals.  My eyes were extremely heavy all of class, but I made it through without dozing off.  The last five minutes of class, our professor called us up to make our presentation haha.  It went really well, plus it's nice to have it over with and off of my chest.  Now it's time to start preparing for another one next week.  Ate lunch on campus again; they serve the same thing every day, but it's good and super cheap so I don't mind.  Came home and took about a three hour nap, I don't know why I was so tired!  I feel much better now, though.  Went to pick up a few things at the grocery store.  I'm really gonna try to save money by cooking a few simple things at home instead of going out all the time.
Now I'm sitting here blogging.  It's almost time to start getting ready before we go to dinner, a boat ride, and out to celebrate :)  pictures coming soon!


UPDATE!


Jade, Erin, Katey, and I went to Pizza Hut for dinner, it was the most "American" place we could think of haha.  We walked around on the boardwalk for a few minutes before we met up with everyone to go on a boat ride on the harbor.  It wasn't very long, but the breeze felt amazing.  They passed out some sparklers for us!  Afterwords, we all went out to celebrate.  Even from thousands of miles away, we all showed pride for our amazing country.

No comments:

Post a Comment