Saturday, July 7, 2012

Beach, Yet Again

Slept in til 1pm today, it was awesome!  Not only was everyone exhausted from the beach, but we were actually getting good sleep for once in the air conditioning.
About half the group headed straight for the beach, while four of us went to the local seafood joint.  Considering it was literally steps away from the water, I could only assume it was delicious... I was definitely not wrong.  The Greek boys ordered for us, meaning we got a ridiculous amount of food.  For starters, we had bread with olive oil, tzatziki, and fried zucchini chips.  Next came out the seafood and main course, which consisted of calamari, octopus, and mussels.  I tried all of them, and the octopus was much better at this restaurant.  In fact, I almost enjoyed it.  The mussels were okay, kind of a slimy texture that I was not a fan of.  But the calamari was incredible.  As usual, they brought us free dessert.  It was watermelon, which I don't care for, and this other weird Greek dessert that I don't know the name of.  It's a weird gelatin thing that looks and feels like sand, bleck.  But I was full from all of the yummy seafood so dessert was almost out of the question anyways.
By the time we got to the beach, there were no chairs near the rest of the group.  Since it was finally the weekend, there were people everywhere, so we just sat in the shade closer to the cafe.  I didn't mind that I didn't have a place on the sand, I was a little sunburned and didn't want to risk it getting worse.  When I wasn't in the water, I just relaxed and read my book.  It was a nice day :)
5pm meant it was time to head back to the house to clean the house and pack up to go home.  I don't know how I managed it, but I got lucky and was able to ride in the car back instead of having to take the bus.  Got home and relaxed awhile before heading to a cafe to catch up and exchange stories with some of the girls that went to Santorini for the weekend.  I'm so jealous I wasn't able to go with them!  But I am very grateful to Alex for letting us hang out at his place for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment