Thursday, June 21, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

Today is the day... my BIRTHDAY!  I'M 21 YAY!  I can't imagine a more beautiful place to be spending it.


Was actually able to sleep in a little today.  Decided against taking the bus super early; it is my birthday, after all ;) and yes, that was definitely my excuse for everything today.  Probably even this weekend, too.  Class was a bit more interesting today, but he's still doing refreshers over basic topics before we really get into anything.  After class and lunch, I was able to Skype with my daddy for a few minutes before he had to go to work.  He showed my picture to Trina, and she was going crazy when she heard my voice.  I miss everyone back home a lot!  When we hung up it was still quiet time, so I took a nap.  Went shopping and got dinner with some girls before coming back to get ready to go out!  Tonight we're going to a place called Club W; apparently all of the "Americans" always like it haha.  I'll be posting pictures of that later!  Nothing too exciting today, but I can't complain because this experience as a whole is so amazing.
Today I noticed just how nice the Greek people are.  I've heard that about them before, but didn't fully experience it until today.  I think it helps that I'm learning to say a few things such as "hello" and "thank you".  Even something so simple lets them know that you're trying and will make them more patient.  Because of the lack of festivities, I didn't take any pictures today.  Someone took this one of the, though, and it's so typical Heather.  No matter what country I'm in, I will always threaten to steal your puppy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment