Wednesday, June 20, 2012

First Day of Classes


It was a little weird going to campus and class today.  I know that's technically the main reason I'm here, but it seems so unrealistic in such an incredible place!  My class isn't til 11:30, but I rode the free bus that leaves at 8:30 and just hung out on campus.  The class I'm taking is called Business in Greece in the European Union, and while it's considered a management class here, it will transfer back to Texas Tech as a marketing class.  Although my professor is Greek, he does speak English; I had a feeling he would considering we're at an American University.  He is very nice and seems like he would be funny, but humor translates differently across the slight language barrier.  Classes are two and a half hours, which just seems to drag on and on.  Although the building has air conditioning, so I know I should cherish my time in there.  Here are some pictures of my campus.  We climbed some of the stairs so we had a great view.




After we got home from class, it was quiet time, which for me means nap time!  Always much needed after late nights.  About 15 of us went to a seafood place for dinner around 7:30, and the food was absolutely incredible.  Before I left for my trip, I thought I would lose a bunch of weight because I'm so picky about my food and wouldn't like anything.  Now that I'm here, it's quite apparent that it's the exact opposite.  Everything is so delicious!  I've been so proud of myself and have tried everything that's been put in front of me.  I know it's part of the experience I don't want to miss out on.  Tonight, we ordered crab cakes, sardines, calamari, and octopus.  The crab cakes and calamari were out of this world, and I can only assume that everything is fresh considering we're two blocks away from the sea.  I was super brave and tried the sardines and octopus, and although they weren't awful, they weren't exactly delicious either.


When we left, we went across the street to the boardwalk and watched the sunset.  I know out in West Texas I'm spoiled with some gorgeous sunsets, but they're pretty breathtaking here too.  Then some girls and I went and got some ice cream as an early birthday thing for me.  A few people went out, but most are on a fairly tight budget and stayed in tonight.  The first floor of our building is all girls, so tonight was filled with lots of giggling and girl talk :)


Tomorrow will be a really busy day, especially since it's my BIRTHDAY!  Finally 21 :)  lots to do to prepare for a busy night out, and a trip with my program this weekend.  Classes are only Monday-Thursday, which leaves the weekend free for travel.  This weekend, we're going on a beach trip!  I won't be taking my laptop, which means a blog won't be up until Sunday probably.  When I get back and have some free time, I'll make a few posts at once from each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment